Click here to add this page to your favorites

No Comments

My graduation ceremony and PhD plan


UCLAN Chancellor and I 
During my graduation ceremony some one asked about my plan for PhD, I was thinking, OMG it is a good idea to continue my education specifically in this era, recession, credit crunch, etc because it is really tough to find a good job. I have read a story which was about a PhD student but before the story I should say: ye you got the main point of this post, I graduated on 2nd of December and as you can see during a brilliant and well organised ceremony I have got my certificate. In this time I should thanks my family and all my tutors and specifically Dr. Dorota Marsh, MBA course leader, Thanks very much indeed for all your support.َAlso I should thanks Mr. Owen Leeds ,my supervisor and all people who helped me somehow during my course.

Now the story :

Before joining PhD:
* I want to win the Nobel Prize.
* I want to win the Turing Award.
First year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD in two years. 
* I want to publish papers only in top tier conferences. 
* I want to make ground-breaking research. 
* I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.
Second year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
* I want a problem. 
* Shall I change my advisor?
Third year of PhD:
* I want a paper; I don't care which conference. 
* Shall I change my topic? 
* I want to be known as Dr ……….
Fourth year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD!
 * My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?
Fifth year of PhD:
* Why did I come here?
 * Why did I choose this advisor? 
* Why did I choose this topic?
Sixth year of PhD:
* Someone give me a degree! 
* I want to leave this place — forever. 
* Let me leave.
Seventh year of PhD:
* People call me uncle.
* She waited and finally married someone else..
 * I don't want any degree. I just want to live peacefully

This is a good answer to my friend who asked me about my PhD plan. I just want to live peacefully.

No comments: